Friday, July 9, 2010

The Power of God

Last night was my first night preaching. Since we are in the second phase of our trip, the schedule is a lot easier. I was able to sleep in some which is good because I was starting to get sick because of the physical stress on my body. The church we went to was another Bola De Neve church. This is the surfboard church I talked about earlier. This is another one of those churches, just smaller. It had about 100 people there last night.

The church is located along a strip that is full of shops and people. Before the service, we sent some of our team out to evangelize on this strip. We didn't have enough interpreters, so I stayed at the church with some of the team while the rest of the team went out. When they came back, they testified that they saw 17 physical healings, 5 emotional healings, 3 salvations and 1 person drunk in the Spirit. They took a video of that last one. They person was a worker in a department store and she was caught up in holy laughter. It was quite amusing.

We did words of knowledge at the beginning of the service where we call out certain diseases that the Spirit is letting us know is present. Three people were sovereignly healed at just the mention of the condition. Another two people were healed when I prayed over the congregation.

Next was the message. I had to use an interpreter which I have used before in Kenya. It went really well. There were two salvations in response to the message. Then we sent the team out to pray. There were about another 40 healings and another salvation. Since it wasn't a large church and we had a large team (about 20) I wasn't going to pray for people. But the pastor came to me and pointed to his knee. Without an interpreter, I prayed for his knee and it was 50% healed. I prayed again and it was 100% healed. It's great when even the pastor receives healing.

It was an awesome night and I know it's only going to get better. We are going to the same church tonight. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do.

While we were waiting to go to the churches, we were walking around the city looking for people to pray for. We prayed for two men who both felt lighter afterwards. I believe they were set free from oppression and they received peace from the Holy Spirit. The one man thought we were Mormons because he thought that all Americans were Mormons. Jesus brings healing. Mormons don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment