Sunday, July 11, 2010

The fire has fallen!

Each night has been better than the night before. We went to a different church tonight and I preached again. Before we left for the hotel, I started to feel the presence of God. My face was beginning to go numb and I was getting a little dizzy. This may not seem like the Spirit to you when I describe these things, but I'm getting more familiar with how God moves. He moves differently with each person. But I know that when certain things happen to my body, I know He's present. As I'm typing this my face is tingling. You have to pay attention to how God is moving. He may not tingle for you, you just have to know what He's doing.

As we waited for our van to leave for the church, I began to have a strong desire to see God move differently tonight. I wanted to see salvations and healings, but I wanted God to come in an Isaiah 6 kind of way. On the van, I told the team to expect God to fall in a powerful way.

During worship, I could sense the hunger in this church. It was a church of about 50 and they were such a family. It reminded me of a smaller version of my own church. We played with the kids before the service as they had a special outreach with different games. They had a such a family atmosphere at this church. And this family was hungry. They kept repeating a phrase during one of the worship songs. i asked my interpreter what it meant. They were singing, "Look on me, Lord." This just confirmed the hunger I was already feeling.

I went up to speak and changed everything that I had prepared. I asked for the glory of God to fall. Everyone in the church felt the Spirit come in a powerful way. After a few minutes of crying out to Him, we did words of knowledge. Sometimes, without thinking, God will give you words while you speak. This isn't as common, but it does happen. It happened last night. We were saying the words of knowledge and one of the interpreter's were next. She didn't have a word. The microphone was handed to her, and without thinking she said, "Ana, eye condition." She actually said the name of a specific condition, but I don't remember which condition. She had no name and no condition in her head, but it just came out of her mouth. A girl name Ana stood up with that exact condition. She wasn't healed right away, but that interpreter prayed for her, she was healed.

I spoke for less than five minutes instead of an hour. That was all that was needed. We began praying for everyone and there were many healings. Out of 50 people in attendance, 23 were healed! I think every person that was sick was healed. God has lit a fire in that church and it will continue long after we are gone. We are going to that church again tonight. We plan on doing a fire tunnel. This is where we get in two lines and face each other. Than we have the entire church pass through while we all pray for them. It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment